Thursday 4 August 2005

50 Year Wedding Anniversary

We will travel to Italy for my parents 50 year wedding anniversary on the 26th of August. It was already agreed on a very long time ago to have it in Italy. First Rome was chosen, my dad studied mathematics in Rome where my mother visited him once, in those days something very special. Due to some sad circumstances, my brother died almost 2 years ago, but also because of Joris, his son (now 3 years old) plans changed a little. And we all think it’s better to stay in a nice farmhouse. Although I am rather into many Italian things, especially the perfect food (I do not mean Pizza ....) and nice wines (like Barolo, Barbaresco, Brunello di Montalcino from Tuscany, some Chianti (From Tuscany) and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano also from Tuscany) , I have not been to this area before. My company resells an Italian product and that brought me several times to Sestri Levante, but until now never to Tuscany. Many famous places are close together, like Pisa, Florence, Siena, Arezzo, Montepulciano and Perugia. Next weeks will try to update you on all interesting places. When back I will add taken pictures and hopefully add my own reviews.

image


No comments:

Post a Comment