Tuesday 29 December 2009

Rome Day 1: Interesting start

Flying out almost empty to such a busy city is strange, but also nice having three seats. It took some time to get my luggage and after customs I had to wait for half hour for the hotel's driver to meet me. It was a short ride (not busy on the highway and in Rome itself) to get to the hotel. The hotel itself is OK, although the 4 stars remind of something that is long gone. Room is ok, bed is hard and there is a lot of noise coming in from the road. On the way to the hotel I already passed the Vatican so I immediately went out, first to get some dinner (it was around 22.30) and later to view the Vatican from the outside. Dinner was OK, Spaghetti e Vongole and it was still rather busy at the main square (actually almost a circle) in front of the Vatican. There I also saw the biggest Christmas stable scenery I have ever seen. Back to the hotel and tomorrow meet my Portuguese friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment