Sunday 4 October 2009

Rome

For the last few year I have been away with New Year's Eve, to Oporto, London, New York and Otley. I like these days as amsterdam is way to busy at the night itself and most of the time a mess afterwards :-).


This year it will be Rome. It is rather strange I never visited one of the most famous placs in Europe (and the world) and will make up now.


I arranged me I think a nice hotel, the Atlante Garden Hotel, conveniently located near some hotspots.



The Hotel Atlante Garden enjoys an enviable position very close to the Vatican City, Saint Peters and the Castle Sant'Angelo. A bit further away but still within a 15 to 30 minute walk I will find the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona and the Pantheon probably some of the finest pieces of Roman Architecture that remain! So all of the major sights are within easy walking distance, I hope and I'd like to do all by walking as you miss a lot when travelling by Metro or otherwise.


I think it will a memorable visit, although not all major attractions will be open nor will I get tickets for in those days. But it will be my first visit and most probably will need a second one anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment